Hinsdale Central High School

Real Estate

The value of any real estate in which you have an interest (residential, commercial, farmland) may have appreciated considerably. However, your return from the property may not meet your expectations and

operating costs may have risen. If you sell this real estate, you may pay capital gains tax on the appreciated amount. Your net gain on the sale will not be what you might hope.

By giving this real estate to the Hinsdale Central Foundation, you may be able to deduct the full market value of the property, including appreciation. You may also be able to convert this asset into an income stream via a Charitable Remainder Trust.

Please contact the Hinsdale Central Foundation before making such a gift.

Please consider consulting your attorney and/or tax advisor when planning a donation to the Hinsdale Central Foundation.

Scroll to top